Sunday, September 22, 2013

Getting to know me & what's in your"Art Stash"?

I've been pretty busy the last couple days though, you couldn't tell if you looked at my house!
 Since I decided to give this blog a go, there has been so much prep work..
oh well , I just hope I find a few friends.
 This is just the start of my long term goal..which would ideally be to have a following and perhaps be able to sell a lil bit of my art!

 In any case,
I have been reminded how much work this online business is,and how much things change in a few years..
I used to create and sell Digital Scrap booking supplies at various online shops, but after a few years I realized, I am not a graphic artist..i love the feel of a pen in my hand, watching my creations unfold on paper, no need for such technical bits as vector objects! nothing personal, I am just not trained to do such art..and trust me self teaching, even in the age of "you tube",can be a long road!

what else may you want to know.....Hmmmmm...I'm in my later 30's,Happily Married, to my best friend, Stay at home mom,to 2 amazing kids!
 If you haven't figured it out, I love art, anything creative, Photography is a close second, but no pro at that either..but I love to capture those special moments in time, with my family! so, I have a feeling i may share some of that with you as well.

soo... Where to start, 

I was sorting out my desk some today, organizing my marker collection, when it hit me..maybe this it a great place to start, I'll show you mine,and you can feel free to tell me about your art"stash", or link me to pics of yours! That being said please feel free to link me to your blogs, if it is art, or creatively inspired..I did say I am looking for friends! so here are a few pics of my "stash"..
a peek at my art stash
watercolors
my marker obsession
Ink Addicted




























I know, I have a lot, I'm a bit of a horder..lol!
I love trying new things, I always have to incorporate black ink..it's just not my style without it!
I used to always only draw in pen, loved the contrast of the black and white!

outline of a humming bird  piece I did for My Mom.
outline of my latest finished project



















The last few months, i have been expanding my style to include color, as well as expanding my subject matter. I love anything with pattern, anything floral, and paisley's! here are a few of my pieces:

Florescent Seahorses
Butterfly with Flowers
Owl with yellow background
peacock with tree and flowers







































I have grown really fond of watercolor pencils, i love the soft feel,and the how the colors blend.  also, love "sharpies, and alcohol based markers, they have great saturation of color. I do on occasion use pencil crayons, or water based markers, depends on my mood!

I also have a pretty vast collection of paper ATM,trying to figure out which paper is best for my artwork.
I guess that is about it..I'm really interested to hear about any kind of art, anyone else is into..And of course to hear about which media is "your Fav!!!""

I'll check back, soon, until then stay creative!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment